Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Internet Explorer 8 Overview

Since IE 8 will soon be out of beta and ready for prime time, I thought I would share with you what's new with it.

For example,  Microsoft wanted to avoid compatibility problems, so one feature they incorporated into IE 8 was the Compatibility View. This gives you the option of viewing Web pages as if you were using Internet Explorer 7. You will definitely need to use this until web sites catch up with IE 8 code.

I like using Accelerators. This feature allows me to make better use of information from the text on a Web site. Microsoft designed these features to eliminate the necessity of copying text from one page and pasting it into another. I can simply right click on the highlighted text on any web site and send it directly to my blog. Cool!

There's Web Slices and Suggested Sites, along with InPrivate settings.

Overall, you might want to check it out, but keep using your . ...

No comments: